Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Made it to Utah!!

Dale and I went to Martina McBride on Saturday night. I wasn't too familiar with her songs, but as she sang, I realized I had heard many of them. She is a pint-sized singer with an amazing voice. The show lasted for two hours and she sang almost that whole time, with a couple of short breaks while the fiddle player had a solo and the keyboard player played one also. It was a great night. Dale took me out to dinner and I enjoyed one of my favorite things to eat which is ribs. MMMmm. .. yummy. 

Sunday morning Laurel, Sydney, and baby Sawyer and I headed out from Denton on our way to Utah. Little Sydney was as good as gold the whole way. . . and it's a long way. Poor little Sawyer was fussy all day on Sunday. That evening he filled up his diaper (sorry, no nicer way to put it, but it figures into this story, which is why I'm telling about it). After that, he was a completely different baby, so we decided he just had a belly ache all day Sunday. We stayed that night in Gallup, NM. Monday morning we headed out and drove the rest of the way to Utah. Laurel got her exercise on the trip by climbing in the back seat and entertaining the kids. She volunteered to drive but I told her I would rather drive than try to keep Sawyer happy. I finally was exhausted and Sawyer was being good so she finished the drive into Gallup. I was amazed at her energy level and the patience she had with the kids. I was so glad she came with me. It was great to have her company and her driving. The closer we got to Cedar City, the more excited she was. She was driving, so I asked her to make sure she had the car in park, when we got into DeAnn's driveway, before she jumped out. Thank you for coming with me, Laurel. 

Now, I am in the process of making cream puff shells for the wedding reception. Also, enjoying visiting with my family. We have a wonderful family, don't we?

I am so happy Dale will be coming up here and will be able to meet everyone. He's looking forward to meeting my family.

Love you and miss you, Dale. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for you patience on the trip too. I'm sure it wasn't easy listening to Sawyer scream for 13 hours. What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing them. It's been fun having them here. It was fun to get together with everyone at Pizza Factory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys made it safely on your long adventure! It was fun seeing you guys at Erins

    ReplyDelete